Who uses Call My Mom™ service?
Anyone who feels responsible for someone else OR Any senior seeking companionship and conversation
Call My Mom™ phone service is ideal:
• If you are an adult child of an aging parent
• If you need a caregiver for your mother or father
• If you are a caregiver or friend to a senior
• If you have a isolated or homebound person in your life
• If you are a senior looking for companionship or in need of extra reminders
In fact, if you know anyone that needs checking up on or a little friendship but you don’t have the time to phone them every single day, Call My Mom™ can do the phoning for you.
Why use Call My Mom™?
• We provide stimulating conversation for the senior in your life
• We provide daily phone friendships and a sense of companionship
• We help ward off feelings of loneliness, isolation and depression
• We provide wellness checks
• We provide encouragement to eat healthy, exercise, go on outings, etc.
• We can help supplement your plan for aging in place for those who can’t afford
home care support
• We notify you if your loved one doesn’t answer the phone
• We notify you if your loved one is in need of follow-up care
What kind of conversations does Call My Mom™ provide?
We provide meaningful conversations customized to lessen loneliness. Using information you provide regarding likes and dislikes, we target and discuss topics found to be of great interest.
Our conversations coach people towards a healthy lifestyle. They are purposeful and are delivered in an upbeat, positive tone.
How does Call My Mom™ work?
Call My Mom™ provides meaningful phone calls to seniors from 1 to 5 times a week, depending on the plan chosen. Using information provided in your profile, a CareFriend™ will provide companionship through scheduled phone calls.
Your CareFriend™ will call you once you choose your desired schedule.
How do I sign up?
1. Choose “Get Started” on the website. The secure sign-up process will walk you through:
• Choosing a plan.
• Providing basic information (name, address, phone numbers, email) for yourself and for the person receiving the phone calls.
• Providing credit card and billing information.
Once your account is created, you will receive a confirmation email with your account and login details (username and password) and a link to the account.
2. Login to your account to complete the sign-up process:
• Choose the day(s) of the week when calls will be received as well as the time frame for each (within 2-hour time slots).
• Complete a questionnaire about the person receiving the calls – likes, dislikes, hobbies, family information, topics of interest, etc., so we can get to know them better. If there are gaps in information, the CareFriend™ will fill them in during the first phone conversation.
Once the account has been created and the time slots have been chosen, scheduled calls will start within 7 days from the creation of the account.
How do I choose call times?
You can schedule call times by logging into your account. Depending on your plan, there will be 1, 2 or 3 options per week. These calling options are for week days between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
What happens if my parent doesn’t answer?
The CareFriend™ will leave a voice message on the customer’s voicemail and our automated system will send you an email indicating your parent missed a call.
The CareFriend™ will try again, up to 3 times on the same day, following the same process on the second missed call.
For the third missed call, the CareFriend™ will leave a voice message indicating the customer missed his or her appointment and the following call will take place on the next regularly scheduled day. The email to you will indicate the same information.
Can I reschedule a call that was missed?
Calls can be rescheduled with a minimum of 24 hours advanced notice. This can be done by logging into your account. If you missed your CareFriend™ call, you will receive a voice message on your customer’s voicemail. Your CareFriend™ will call again, up to 3 times on the same day.
For the 3rd missed call, your CareFriend™ will leave a voice message indicating you have missed your appointment and the following call will take place on the next regularly scheduled day.
What happens if my CareFriend™ detects a need for outside help?
If the CareFriend™ detects the need for additional attention, your emergency contact will be notified immediately.
What does Call My Mom™ not provide?
As a support service providing quality companionship and wellness calls, we cannot and do not dispense medical advice over the phone. If the CareFriend™ suspects your parent needs some kind of follow-up or medical attention, you will be notified immediately.
We can encourage your parent to take his or her pills, but we can’t comment on the particulars of any medication.
We also cannot dispense financial advice or handle daily chores such as booking appointments or making personal calls on behalf of our senior customers.
How does Call My Mom™ select and train a CareFriend™?
Our high quality CareFriend™s are carefully handpicked, screened and trained to provide caring and meaningful conversations, offer companionship and create friendships.
How can I cancel Call My Mom™?
You can cancel at any time with a 30-day advanced notice. Your service will end 30 days from the day you contact us to cancel and your automatic billing will end.
Is my personal information private?
Yes. Your privacy is important to us. Our system protects you by assuring that your CareFriend™ does not have access to your personal identifying information including address, telephone number and credit card details.
What if I am not satisfied with my CareFriend™?
On the rare occasion your CareFriend™ is a less than perfect fit we will happily offer a more suitable CareFriend™. Your comfort and satisfaction are our priorities.